We’ve all heard the rally cry: “Innovation rules!”, “Be innovative”, “Innovate this/that” and “New and innovative!”.
It’s yet another buzz word, even if it’s grounded in some truth.
- Elon Musk/TESLA, innovating how we power our cars and homes….
- Uber, innovating how we get around …
- Airbnb, innovating how we vacation …
- Doubletree Hotel, innovating our check in experience with warm cookies and key-less entry …
All of the above have provided us with innovations of one thing …. an improved condition.
“We had this option … now we have this better option”
Innovations optimize current processes, solve a problem or simply reduce complexity and waste.
Yay, innovation, right?
Well, increasingly we hear about some innovation that’s merely the flip side of the same coin.
- “Online training” that’s merely a power point presentation or video of someone’s classroom presentation.
Or worse, a step in a negative direction. I call this the “just because you CAN doesn’t mean you SHOULD” syndrome.
- Like RFID key fobs for rental cars … what problem does that solve?
My objective is to innovate the way we actually improve our leadership capability.
I do this simply, effectively and authentically.
Ready to be part of the journey?
Click here to make sure you’re subscribed to my exclusive leadership email community where I share exclusive leadership tools for your leadership tool belt …