TEAM Solutions is an online resource facilitated by me, Mike McKenna, for response leaders of all types.
More about me and what motivates me is below:
Who I Am
I'm a facilitator, coach, speaker, and author ...
What I Do For You
I simplify and unify your leadership before, during, and after a crisis or planned event ...
(read about more specific solutions, below, under "My Solutions")
How I Do It
Who I Serve
New, future and current response leaders in the private sector, public sector, and government/NGO sectors. Including:
- Business Continuity Managers
- Emergency and Incident Managers
- Emergency Responders (fire, ems, police, search and rescue)
- Incident Managers in IT/Cyber Security
- Risk Managers
- Crisis Communicators
- Small businesses
What I've Done
As a facilitator and instructor ...
- I've instructed over 12,500 students from around the world in excess of 8200 hours (as of early 2018)
- I hold a law enforcement instructor certification
- I'm credentialed and qualified to deliver numerous Department of Homeland Security (DHS) courses
- I've helped deliver desired outcomes to clients in-person and online from small businesses in the private sector to schools and hospitals to local, state and federal governments in the USA and around the world
- I hold or have held security clearances with international manufacturers and have been designated an expert in state and federal court
As a responder for my state’s urban search & rescue team ...
- I've deployed to the majority of United States disaster incidents in the last 15 years including the Columbia Space Shuttle recovery, Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and Ike; as well as over 150 local searches for lost and missing persons
As a publisher and author ...
- Available for free, I publish bi-monthly newsletters for thousands of subscribers on topics ranging from instruction, response, leadership, and evacuation
- I've written and published the best-selling "The Response Leadership Sequence - Empowering and Improving Your Leadership Before, During, and After a Crisis" (click the title or the image below to learn more and to order your own copy)
Read more by clicking the tabs below ...
What is Response Leadership?
What is a Response Leader and how do you know if you are one?
Every day, we react and respond to a bunch of events that are planned ... like going to work, taking the kids to soccer practice, mowing the grass, etc...
And sometimes, we react and respond to things that are unplanned.
That could be any small, large or very large (!) event that is costly, hazardous and dynamic.
To survive and thrive during these unplanned events, people must be a strong leader for themselves before they can be a strong leader around others.
Response Leadership is the ability to lead oneself and others during their response to any event of any size or complexity.
There are four 'hubs' focusing on four principle solutions. Click each button below to explore the specific opportunities.
I've been developing my response leadership skills for over 20 years. And I'm still seeking ways to improve.
My professional career started as a private investigator where I facilitated criminal actions against white-collar criminals. It was in front of classes full of many hard-boiled police detectives that I first started developing my instructional experience ... trial by fire, really!
That work overlapped with service on a local, volunteer search & rescue (SAR) team and then with the Great State of Texas' urban search and rescue team, TX-TF1.
Exposure to lots of disaster search and rescue missions led me to the opportunity to give back by teaching others:
- response tactics
- disaster leadership and
- continuity of operations, among others ...
Since 2003, I've relied on these experiences to deliver innovative, intelligent and insightful value for my TEAM Solutions clients.
So far, over 12,000 response leaders seem to agree.
Learn more about my professional background on LinkedIn by clicking HERE (opens in new tab).
** Voyage Magazine interviewed me recently about my journey so far. It describes in much greater detail why I do what I do and how I got here. Read more about my journey here.
Be sure to check out my best-selling book, The Response Leadership Sequence - Empowering and Improving Your Leadership Before, During, and After a Crisis by clicking the image below:
My family, my community, my state and country.
All of them deserve strong, confident and brave leaders.
To be able to improve the condition of those communities with my contribution is a legacy worth pursuing.
I love my work because I get to "... accomplish ... lead ... and serve ... ". Those words are excerpts from my personal mission statement that has been on my desk and in my mind since 2003.
Like many folks, the "why" is an important fixture in my day.
And my "why" is my wife, son, and daughter. We live near Ft. Worth, Texas and spend most nights and weekends chasing my son around to soccer practice and soccer games.
I look forward to connecting and hearing how we can improve the condition of Response Leadership, together.