Newsflash: There are no born leaders (or born followers, either, by the way).
So, how are leaders made?
- Sugar, spice, and everything nice?
- Fire and brimstone?
- Repeating clever leadership quotes?
- Ancient Chinese secret?
- Purposeful education and experience?
If you picked 1 - 4, go take a break. If you picked #5, keep reading.
Just as the tallest buildings are built with the strongest foundations, the most effective leaders rely on a strong foundation of knowledge and skill to reach great heights.
- And like a highly engineered construction project, the fundamental elements of that foundation are definable and achievable.
- Unlike a pithy leadership slogan that's better suited for a bumper sticker (you didn't pick #3 above did you?!?), a solid leadership foundation is also targeted and actionable.
Perhaps like you, I've wasted way too much time and effort looking for improvement opportunities only to be disappointed with a profound lack of substance hidden behind a glossy coat of promises.
If you've been following me for awhile, you've grown accustomed to my efforts - albeit imperfectly at times - to bring you value with every post I write and every email I send.
Today, I'm bringing you another stepping stone on your path to becoming a more confident and competent leader.
Let's do this!