IMPORTANT: AUGUST 2018 – My Supplier no longer carries this item. This site carries something similar (not an endorsement, just sharing what I understand): http://www.water-rescues.com/order-water-rescue-disc/
The Water & Ice Rescue Frisbuoy is an easy to throw rescue device that has the aerodynamics of a large frisbee.
- It has a sealed flotation chamber with approximately 4.4 pounds (2kg) of buoyancy that will keep the head of a 200 pound (91kg) individual above water as they are pulled to safety by the rescuer.
- The 80.4 feet (24.5 meters) of line wound around the outside diameter of the disc uncoils, as it spins while sailing through its flight path.
- The bright yellow rope floats on the surface and can pull over 300 pounds (136kg) through the water.
HOW TO USE:
- In an emergency situation the rescuer grabs the looped end of the rope then throws the disc past the person in distress and pulls it back towards the individual.
- The distressed individual can grab the disc and then be steadily pulled to safety, through water or ice, by the rescuer.
- After the rescue, the line is re-coiled around the outside diameter of the disc, and it is ready to be used again.
- Water & Ice Rescue Frisbuoy is easy to transport and can be stored in a convenient location in your boat, car, or in your pool/lake area.
The Water & Ice Rescue Frisbuoy is essential equipment which can be used by law enforcement and other emergency services personnel, lifeguards, sailors, fishermen, and almost anyone who engages in outdoor activities.