The Ski-Slide-Pad has evolved from one of our best known products, the Ski Pad. Designed for use in areas of restricted space, such as congested hospital wards, care homes and other buildings with narrow corridors and/or single width fire doors.
The main feature of the Ski-Slide-Pad is the built-in slide sheet, which is fitted on both sides of the pad for ease of transfer from bed/floor onto the pad — this is especially useful for individuals who require greater assistance during the transfer process. The slide sheets can also be used as an extra cover, where exterior evacuation is required.
In the event of an emergency, the Ski-Slide-Pad is easily removed from its storage bag. The individual is quickly transferred on to the Ski-Slide-Pad, using the slide sheet and then secured onto the device with the seat-belt style straps. There is also a large foot pocket.
The Ski-Slide-Pad’s polyethylene base allows the pad to be pulled easily over most surfaces and is easy to control when going down a staircase.
- Safety tested to: 400 pounds
- Safe working load: 265 pounds – for two people
- Base: Polyethylene
- Top: Nylon
- Polyethylene base allows the pad to be pulled easily over most interior and exterior surfaces.
- 3 seatbelt style webbing cross straps and buckles (metal).
- The Ski Slide Pad and its bag can be wiped clean.
- In an Emergency the Ski Slide Pad is quickly removed from its wall mountable storage bag.
- The patient is then transferred on to the Ski Slide Pad using the attached slide sheets for ease of movement (this can be performed from bed or floor).
- Place feet within the foot pocket.
- If pillows are available place these on the individuals leg and chest area (for comfort once strapped in) then place the slide sheets over the individual.
- Secure the individual in place on the pad using the seat belt style cross straps.
- Using the end pulling handles the individual can be moved to a safe area. When going down stairs it is important to pull the individual feet first.
Quantity discounts are considered.